I got tired of writing separate articles for each superfood individually. I thought I would recap and give you the rest of my list.
Here are the 10 foods you should add to your checklist to eat:
- Pomegranates help lower blood pressure and have a lot of antioxidants in them.
- Quinoa is one of the only plant based foods considered to be a complete protein.
- Spinach has protein, Vitamin A and Vitamin K, among many other nutrients.
- Tomatoes were a food that I always liked even as a kid. Lycopene is abundant in tomatoes, making tomatoes a cancer fighting food.
- Watercress is high in Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It can help prevent cancer, keep you bones strong and keep your brain healthy.
- Strawberries are another favorite food from childhood. According to Dr. Fuhrman, these berries are packed with antioxidants. Of course now I enjoy the strawberries without the whipped cream!
- Walnuts are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. If you're not a big fish eater, you should eat walnuts to get Omega 3.
- Almonds have more protein than other nuts. One serving contains 6 grams. It's a healthy food to snack on!
- Watermelon is a sweet fruit usually only thought of for picnics and a classic summertime food. But watermelon has lycopene and helps lower blood pressure, so I recommend eating it anytime!
- Apples really do keep the doctor away! Apples contain phytonutrients which have been shown to regulate blood sugar. In addition, they are a good source of fiber.
So many people have asked me what foods I eat. Although this is just a small portion, I think I listed what I feel are the most important foods in my diet. You have to remember that everyone's list will be different. I'm sure some of you won't like everything on this list. That's why it's important to find the healthy foods that you will be able to stick with.