COCONUT OIL! I'm sure you've heard about the "coconut oil" craze either on TV or on the radio these days. If, for some reason, you haven't, allow me to share with you why this is my new FAVORITE "must have" item in my household!
There are HUNDREDS (that's right...HUNDREDS) of uses for this amazing stuff! Aside from the benefits it delivers from being a healthy fat that can boost your energy levels, raise good cholesterol & balance out blood sugar without the weight gain, cholesterol & other health risks that come from other saturated or trans fats, it can be used for a huge list of things that you would have never thought of! It, actually, is an antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-fungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, & anti-viral! This amazing stuff also aids in the absorption of vitamins & minerals. These reasons, alone, sold me on purchasing it.
I started my new routine a couple of weeks ago incorporating it into my diet & will, honestly, never go without it again! I cook with it. I put it on toast in the morning instead of margarine. I use it as a moisturizer. I use it to smooth fly-aways in my hair. I use it as a night time lip balm before I go to sleep. There are SO many uses for this stuff! Here are a few more suggestions:
- Curb appetite-take a spoonful before meals so you don't overeat
- Bruises-rub a small amount into bruised skin to speed healing & help bruises fade faster
- Age spots-powerful antioxidants help fade this troublesome areas
- Eye Cream-a few dabs will help decrease puffiness
- Cooking-use it to replace butter, cup for cup. Saute, bake, broil, braise & more as a healthier alternative
- Energy-its medium triglycerides make it an excellent energy source to improve stamina, endurance, or just give you a boost during the day
- Pet health-improves breath, makes shinier coat, eases joint problems, cleans ears, gets rid of fleas & MANY more!
- Shaving cream-keeps the razor gliding smoothly while moisturizing your skin
The list goes on & on! :)
A couple of weeks ago, I started oil pulling (I'll get more into that later) & swear by it! It has helped me sleep better at night, has cleared up my skin & I'm convinced that it has made my teeth whiter. So the next time you're in the store, make sure to pick up a couple of jars of this phenomenal stuff (make sure it's organic, cold pressed & unrefined)!