Vietnamese-Style Shrimp in Lettuce Cups
- Ready in: 45min
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- Calories: 345 (serv)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 pound shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons less-sodium fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed with press
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium stalks celery, each cut lengthwise in half, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick-thin carrots
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
- Prepare rice as label directs.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop shrimp. In medium bowl, combine shrimp, fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic; set aside.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, carrots, and ginger; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn opaque, stirring constantly. Remove skillet from heat; stir in half of cilantro and mint.
- Divide rice among lettuce leaves; top with shrimp mixture and remaining herbs. Fold leaves over shrimp mixture and eat out of hand.