Ready in: 5 minutes preparation, 30 minutes cooking
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Blend together the milk, bananas, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour the milk mixture into the saucepan with the quinoa.
- Place the pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture becomes thick and creamy, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter and vanilla and serve warm.