Ready in: 10 minutes preparation, 5 minutes cooking
- 1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup peanut or walnut oil
- Preheat a waffle iron to medium-high.
- Wish the flour with the oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add the milk, melted butter, and oil.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, to make a batter. Take care not to over work the batter, its fine if there are a few lumps.
- Pour 1/3 to 1⁄2 cup of batter per waffle (it depends on the size of your waffle iron) and cook until the waffle is crisp.
Repeat with remaining batter.