Healthy Pumpkin Pomegranate Muffins
- Ready in: 10 minutes preparation, 15 minutes cooking
- Serves: 12
- Calories: 127
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup stevia
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 to 1 cup pomegranate arils (or seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Place pomegranate arils in the flour mix to coat.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mix. Stir until combined.
- Pour into muffin cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let cool.