Sheila’s Turkey Chili
- Ready in: PREP TIME: 20 minutes, COOK TIME: Low 7 to 8 hours, HOLD TIME: Low up to 4 hours
- Serves: 10
- Complexity: medium
- Calories: 345
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (1 112 cups)
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 cans (4 1/2 ounces each) diced green chiles, undrained
- 1 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook turkey in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain.
- Mix turkey, onions, bell pepper, tomatoes, pinto beans, broth and Mix and match the flavors of chiles in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients in small this chili by using black beans bowl; stir into turkey mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until chili is thickgound beef instead of the ened and bubbling Chili will hold on low heat setting up to 4 hours. If chili becomes too thick while holding, stir in up to 112 cup hot water to thin.